Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Life sometimes leaves little time for blogging

Since my last blog entry, I have done a whole bunch of stuff, hence the blogging delay. I guess we do stuff so we can blog it anyways, so I don't wanna hear no complaints from the 3 people who read this!! (JK...about the aggressiveness, not the 3 people reading this thing. Actually, I may have been generous on that guesstimate).

First off, I went to LA again! It was a lovely week packed with lots of great comedy (Bamford, Scheer, Peppitone, Legerro), friends who I haven't seen in awhile, concerts (Beach House= AWESOME), hikes (kind of- it thunder stormed half-way through), hanging out at Jim Henson Studios (Im pretty sure I still haven't returned to my current age- still stuck in 5 year old Aubrie mode), Venice Beach, Rodeo Drive, the bathroom at the park we think George Michael was arrested at, Griffith's, malls, mansions, and great food (Hamburger Mary's, hot dogs from pinks, baby blue BBQ, etc. etc.). All in all, many beers were bought at the Sev, and a great time was had by all!

In between, I completed Level 4 at PHIT with an amazing group of people and a super awesome lovely teacher! Also, I got a book signed by Tina Fey, did some bowling where I got some accidental strikes, King Friday got a new member (Laura Abernethy, who is awesome y'all), and I've been to target probably 40 times!

Most recently, King Friday got back from Chicago where we were an apprentice team coached by the wonderful Kevin Mullaney! We got to spend 9 hours in a room together learning from Kevin, and there isn't anyplace I would have rather been during those 9 hours. I laughed so hard I almost peed a billion times over the course of those hours, and was blown away by everything everyone was doing. It was so lovely, so educational, and so much freaking fun!!

Also, we got to be in Chicago with some other lovely Philly comedians, and got to see some ridiculously great improv (Messing With A Friend, The Reckoning, U.S.S.Rock'NRoll, Parallelogramophonograph)- so inspiring and great! We also got to perform with the other lovely apprentice teams on Sunday which was a bunch of fun, and it was great to see friends in the audience!! I am currently in love with the city and the food we ate while there- deep dish pizza, you own my heart (and also clog it) along with Chicago style hot dogs and pizza pot pies. I have a feeling I may miss the food so much over the next few days that I will be brought to tears. Actually, I'm 99% sure that will happen.

AND while we were there, Andrea and Andy brought a tiny future comedienne named Amelia into the world!! Lovely things happened EVERYWHERE!!

One thing I will not miss is the 4 hours of sitting on the runway we did before takeoff. I was in great company, so it was fun for the most part- but I have concluded that everyone who works at Southwest has a secret ambition of doing Stand-Up Comedy, therefore feeling the need to do routines every time they come over the loudspeaker. Us comedians got our turn though, both publicly and privately, when Becca did Quizzo questions to entertain the passengers, and also when Jason pantomimed putting a tiny mustard on the tiny in-flight pretzels they gave us. We won, Southwest, WE WON!!

Jana and I never did get to spoon that deep dish pizza in bed, but I am confident that we will be back, and that that will happen 20 times over when we are!!

Alright, now I must go live it up again so I will have more fun stuff to write in here next time! Until then, blogger, stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment