Monday, December 6, 2010

Thankful Blogging

So, I did a spooky(esque...ok, not really) blog for Halloween, and realized I haven't blogged since! So, I dedicate this blog to all I'm thankful for in life right now! Exhibit A- my family and friends. These are the people that I have a lot of fun doing nothing with, who always inspire me, who put up with me, who make me laugh all of the time. Some are near, some are far, but trips and phone calls add to the fun! I've got to have many sleepovers in Brooklyn, fly across the US to LA, and be pleasantly surprised by my good friend who flew in from Ohio at Halloween! I've also had many brunches, lunches, jam sessions, snow days, hang out sessions with the ones who live pretty close. Life wouldn't be as fun without all of you guys. I'm a lucky lucky gal!!



Exhibit B- Philly Comedy!! This year has been so filled with comedy brilliance, I have to pinch myself often. As anyone who knows me knows already, I am a member of King Friday- I feel like a kid on Christmas whenever I get to rehearse, perform, or just be in the same room as these guys and gals!! It has been the most fun, most wonderful, most amazing experience (I'm counting down the hours til tomorrows rehearsal as I type...24...). Any time with Fridays is an awesome and inspirational one! Also, I started a sketch duo this year with my lovely friend Andrea Kuhar, and we had our 1st show, hosted some stuff, and participated in sketch ups. We will do it again soon for sure, we've been schemin'! Other highlights- Chyx, Improvised Soap, Duofest, Jams, Incubator, PHIF, and all of the lovely friends I have made and get to hang out with often. It's the best community to be a part of, and I'm thankful thankful thankful times a billion! (Also, all of the guys and gals in this community are also a part of the above family and friends section. Double whammy!)



Exhibit C- Babies!! I am a nanny, and I love my job!! I get to hang out with two awesome little kids all day and make up songs and play with play doh and firetrucks. I also have an awesome Godson who cracks me up all of the time, and a brand spankin' new nephew who I can't wait to crack jokes with! (I may have to wait til he can talk!)



Exhibit D- Netflix. I have become obsessed with watching TV on demand, and this helps with my obsession. Hey Arnold! and Wristcutters:A Love Story on watch instant. Plus my next dvd coming is Derrick Comedy's "Mystery Team". So thanks, Netflix, for distracting me even more from daily chores (I wouldn't have it any other way).

Exhibit E- Frozen Hot Chocolate at Serendipity's. I try and squeeze this in every NYC trip. I also try to wear elastic banded pants when I know I'm going.

Exhibit F- Concerts!! I've seen a lot of good stuff this year with a lot of good people!!

Exhibit G- guitar decals!! I've bedazzled every string instrument I own for comedy's sake thanks to these things. Thankful.

Exhibit H- Chuck Taylors.

Exhibit I- Cheyenne Jackson (he's my cat who acts like a dog and once lived on the mean streets of Philly near a Subway dumpster...or at least I assume he did, based on his behavior around a Subway sandwich)

These are just a few things I can think of that I'm thankful for right now. Figured I'd shout them out in a blog. I'm sure I missed a billion...I'll do a sequel in the future!

1 comment: