Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Life's a laugh!!

Well, since this blog has been so travel/comedy heavy (equal parts I'd say), this post is a split down the middle. This Friday, I'll be making my way up to NYC with some of Philly's most talented and awesome people for DCM12. For those of you who don't know what DCM is, it's an improv marathon started by the original UCB-ers after their mentor, Del Close, died in 1999. You can check out the link and schedule here http://www.delclosemarathon.com/dcm12/. I am beyond excited for this weekend, and am already going to name it the best weekend of my life, before it even happens. So, life is solid. And hilarious. And, not to sound cliche, but... DREAMS DO COME TRUE!! See!! See!! I'm still the same old cheesy Aubrie. The cheese will never leave my soul.

But seriously, King Friday is performing on the UCBT stage 2 HOURS before the original UCB (and creators of both the festival and founders of the theater). And I just saw Matt Besser, one of the founders of said theater and said marathon, live in Philly this past Friday. Also, this week I became a member of Philly's 1st improvised Soap Opera for the Fringe Festival. So excited all around!

In non-comedy news, I finished watching all of Veronica Mars. And today I almost bought new Chucks, but decided against it. Today I have the day off, so I'm thinking I'll watch some Arrested Development and maybe a few eps of UCB seasons 1 or 2 in honor of this weekend. I'll also drink coffee, cause it's no longer 110 degrees out. Let's keep it that way, Mother Nature.

I will leave y'all with this: if you are free Thursday night, come see King Friday at The Shubin Theater for a special DCM Preview show with Fletcher and Rookie Card. And if you are in NYC, come see KF perform at DCM12! All show info can be found at www.kingfridayimprov.com. Also, KF is on the twitter: @KingFridayImprv. While I'm at it, so is my sketch duo, Local Holiday Miracle: @LHMSketchComedy. Alright, I'm done twittername-dropping. Peace out people. Stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment